Do you use that blue stuff and a toilet bowl cleaner to clean the loo? Yeah that stuff that just makes a mess, not to mention all the water that splatters out from the brush. I remember those stew days, not exactly fun. There's a new way to clean the loo and it's with a bath bomb.
The recipe is simple using essential oils, baking soda, cornstarch and cleaner concentrate and citric acid. I prefer the cleaner concentrate by because the same method can be used to make dishwasher tabs.
What you need:
1 cup citric acid*
1 cup baking soda
½ cup cornstarch
½ cup oil (almond oil, olive oil, Fractionated Coconut Oil, etc.)
8-10 drops of your favorite essential oil(s)
silicone mold or saran wrap
* citric acid can be found at most major supermarkets in the canning section
1. In a bowl, place citric acid, baking soda, cornstarch, and oil.
2. Add 8-10 drops of the essential oil(s) of your choice.
Note: Choose an essential oil to best suit your needs. The options are endless. Protective Blend, Melaleuca or purify.
4. Mix well with a spoon or with your hands until a soft dough is formed. It should have the consistency of damp sand. At this point you could also add food coloring, dried herbs, or flower petals to the mixture. If the mixture is too wet, try adding a little more baking soda and cornstarch until the consistency is right.
5. Put the mixture into a silicone mold. Let it sit for at least 24 hours before removing from mold.
6. If you don’t have a silicone mold, you could use cupcake liners or saran wrap to help mold your bath bombs.
7. The bath bombs are ready to use once they are completely dry. To use, just drop them in the tub/shower until they dissolve.