Shocking Neurotoxins: Pollutants We Didn't Know That Are Killing Our Home
10 Statistics you want to know.
So there I was riding along in the Van enjoying my vacation away from the cruise ships. Then all of a sudden I get this wiff of that purple cleaner that reminds me of my life living in Spain a lifetime ago.
It was the kind of smell that stops you in your tracks, blinds you and has you holding your breath, dying of suffocation and grasping for air as you run about a block down the road.
You know that feeling right?
Let me tell you something. I'm not a scientist or some know it all but I know this much, when I worked on Yachts I sure the hell didn't use any of those toxic chemicals. We learn in Chief Stewardess school, cleaning with toxins is not cleaning. I'm learning every day how much of these chemicals are killing us in our own home.
Check this out:
kid's these days have chemical exposures from birth that their parents didn't have until they were adults. Now that children are exposed to toxins at an earlier age than adults, there is more of a chance to develop a disease like cancer.
Every heard of Formaldehyde? A total cancer-causing agent that damages the body's neurological connectors.
Every day more chemicals have been introduced into our environment in the last 20 years.
For example, bleach can cause suffocation and most of us have used bleach to 'Clean'. There is more.
Looks at these wild numbers.
- 150 chemicals in the home are connected to allergies, birth defects, cancer and psychological disorders.
- Out of 2,435 pesticide poisoning in a one year period, over 40% were due to exposure to disinfectants and similar cleaning products in the home.
- Most Laundry detergent contains a substance (NTA) that we may anticipate to be a carcinogen.
- 884 chemicals found in personal care products are toxic
- 146 chemicals found in personal care cause tumors
- 218 chemicals cause reproductive complications
- 314 cause biological mutation
- Liquid dish soap is the leading cause of poisoning in the home for children under the age of six because they contain formaldehyde and ammonia.
Infants, toddlers, chronically ill and the Elderly are affected by indoor chemical concentration because their spend more time indoors and their immune system is weaker.
There are some great recipes on how to make your own cleaning products. I have a lot of success with Dr. Bronner's soap, vinegar or alcohol as my base and essential oils.
Want to learn how to use essential oils to help lessen the toxic load and get more improved results with a better scent?
Let's talk about it.
Using essential oils is easy, fun and the number one way to save a lot of money.
and lets create a toxic free home for you.